Saturday, March 22, 2014

Movie Review "Divergent:

Movie Review
Divergent
 
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, thematic elements, and some sensuality. 
Starring: Theo James, Shailine Woodley, Kate Winslet, Zoe Kravitz, Miles Teller....
About:
In a futuristic world where everyone is divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. When Beatrice Prior is warned that she is Divergent and will never fit into just one faction, she must learn to trust in her mysterious trainer Four and find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it is too late. (Shorter Version from the Divergent official website).
 My Review:
I read the book before the movie, and when I heard it was becoming a movie, I instantly doubted it.  
Don't get me wrong, the book was great, but I just didn't know how they were going to pull it off. It just seemed like one of those books that shouldn't be made into a movie. 
But I saw it, and was amazed that they actually pulled it off really well. 
It was very much closer to the book than I though it would be. 
It gave me chills, made me jump, made me cry, and laugh. 

Violence:
This book is that of the same genre as "The Hunger Games" and has some teen violence. As part as training teens are forced to fight each other until one person cannot go anymore, a teen commits suicide. They play a game in which resembles capture the flag, but they have dart guns that inflict the pain of a bullet for a minute. Multiple deaths throughout.

Language:
One very vulgar word is mumbled under the persons breath, a few minor curses throughout film.

Other:
There is a make out scene in the movie, she pulls away and tells the guy she doesn't want to go too fast. A man tries to force himeself on a girl, she kicks him and runs away before anything happens.

Even though I had read the book, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. 
So overall this movie was amazing. 

I would strongly recommend this movie for 13+

Have a great day. 

Myra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think, have to say, and want to let me know. So please comment away. I just kindly ask that if you have something negative to tell me, that is either hurtful to me, or someone else, I would kindly ask that you please send me an email instead of letting the whole world know. Thank you so much.