Monday, July 13, 2015

The Start of a New Me

I was never a "Skinny" kid growing up, but I was healthy for my age. Of course, I thought I was fat. But in reality I really wasn't.
When I was in 8th Grade I started volleyball, and I got the healthiest I have ever been. I was finally starting to be happy with my image. 
Then we moved.
Our family was put into a bad work situation, and it took a toll on all of us mentally, and physically. I had no friends, I was depressed. Which led me to become a couch potato, and emotionally eat. 
I went from a happy healthy teen, to a depressed and overweight teen. 
I continued to become depressed and over eat even after moving from PA, and I just didn't care anymore. 
I gained over 50 pounds in less than 6 months.
One day I looked at myself in the mirror, and my eyes were open. I was going down a dangerous path and I needed to change! So what if I don't have any friends where I live, I can still care about myself. My body is a temple that I need to keep healthy!
I have started  watching what I eat, I'm trying to be more active, and I have even made a weight loss account on IG to share my weight loss journey.

Since June 15 of 2015 I have gone from almost 190 Ibs to almost 169 Ibs! 

I feel like a new person, and although my weight loss journey is far from over, I can already tell the difference. 
I'm going to start volleyball again in the Fall, and I'm so excited to be able to have this opportunity to make myself healthy.

My goal is 140 Ibs by next summer (or less) and I'm excited to share my journey with you guys!

Lots of  Love,
Myra

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so encouraged by your honesty! I am so proud of you

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think, have to say, and want to let me know. So please comment away. I just kindly ask that if you have something negative to tell me, that is either hurtful to me, or someone else, I would kindly ask that you please send me an email instead of letting the whole world know. Thank you so much.