Thursday, November 28, 2013

Movie Review: Catching Fire









Movie Review:
Hunger Games:
Catching Fire

Rated PG13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some frightening images, thematic elements, a suggestive situation, and language. 

Staring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Sam Claffin, Elizabeth Banks....
(spoilers)
About:
Katniss and Peeta have survived the games, trying to forget the past. But when the districts start to rebel because of Katniss's actions in the Arena, President Snow threatens to kill both of their families unless Katniss brings up her game. 
But when President Snow isn't satisfied with Katniss's actions, he puts a twist on the next Games (the quarter quell) that shock Katniss, and every one in Panem. 


My Thoughts:
First, let me just let you guys know that I went on the 22nd, and I still had to wait a hour and a half before the movie started ( a hour standing, a half hour sitting in the seats). But thankfully I got the best seats (I went with Ruby Plank). So obviously I was excited for this movie, because I knew, just by the trailers, it was going to be amazing. 
I was not disappointed.
Even though I knew what was going to happen (I had read the book) I was still at the edge of my seat the WHOLE movies, WHILE keeping 99% true to the book (which is REALLY good).
It was actually one of the only movies that I have EVER liked more than the book (book is amazing, but seeing it on big screen was awesome).

Language:
The only scene that had intense language is during one of the interviews, and it is implying that she is cursing, but it bleeps it out (which I was thankful for).

Violence:
I wouldn't say that the violence is worse, but there is no shaky screen so more is shown blood wise. But even saying that, the violence is not over the top. (And it's not just teens in the arena).

Other:
There is a sensual part in the movie, doesn't show anything, but it is implied. Kissing in the movie.
 

I would love to hear what you thought of this movie (if you saw it) and if you agree with my Review. 

Myra

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think, have to say, and want to let me know. So please comment away. I just kindly ask that if you have something negative to tell me, that is either hurtful to me, or someone else, I would kindly ask that you please send me an email instead of letting the whole world know. Thank you so much.